Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Verbose Introduction


I am excited and pleased to announce my art blog, The Chudly American, to the denizens of the Internet! I feel like I might be a little late in the game in terms of getting started, and I'm learning about how to do all of this as I go, but every one has to start somewhere, right?
Now I suppose the next question is “what the hell should I expect from this blog?”. Well, for the most part it's going to be my art, which if I had to describe it would best be explained as Jim Henson and H.R. Giger's lovechild, published by Mad Magazine. There's usually a heavy focus on themes of metamorphosis , deformity, monsters, cartooning, super heroics, and (as I recently noticed) sexuality. Not erotica by any stretch, but sometimes imagery with subtle or not-so-subtle sexual undertones. It won't always be that kind of work, however, as I do draw other things. But it will probably be the bulk of it, so leave your stomach and your outdated moral sensibilities at the door. Pen and ink drawings mostly, paintings sometimes, just whatever happens to come out of me that week. It is my intention to update every Sunday, either with a new piece or something from the archives. I have a grotesque number of old sketchbooks and notebooks, so what you see may be a few months old or several years old. But I will do my best to provide adequate explanation so hopefully there won't be any confusion. If I'm working on something intricate, which happens, I will also post WIP updates.
Like I said, I'm learning as I go, so if something's off or you think my work needs, well, work, then feel free to comment and let me know. I look forward to hearing from you all soon!

-James


Uterovox-original

No comments:

Post a Comment