Monday, February 20, 2012

That horrifying moment when you've realized that the only jellybeans left in the bag are the gross ones.

Seriously, who thought "Buttered Popcorn" was an acceptable flavor?

And on to the update.


I'm having kind of a rough day, starting with last night. Insomnia persisted and so I finished the MPA/Z follow up drawing. But the longer I look at it the more I hate it. It just feels so petty and stupid now, because I'm not a politician, I'm an artist. And a bad one at that. Still, going to post it anyway, just to see if it gets a reaction.




As I was settling into an unsettled sleep last night, an idea for a character and a strip entered my head. His name is Dick Generic, and he can only speak in dictionary definitions. I was feeling down this afternoon, so I scrawled this illustration out on some scrap board I had lying around from when I made the Chudly American logo. 




That sassy spurting Loch Ness thing was part of a doodle that had been on the page for weeks, and I couldn't bring myself to erase him. Maybe he's a representation of how Dick views the rest of humanity, because of his awkwardness we all appear as judgmental monsters or something. Depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment